It’s said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That’s certainly true when it comes to financial management.
Solid document collection and retention processes means that when you need a document, it’s there. Proper training on financial, HR and administrative tasks means the work will be done efficiently and effectively. Set routines and timelines results in these tasks getting done, on time. It’s always easier, less time consuming and often cheaper to “work clean” and work consistently.
Without these processes you’re likely to be cleaning up a giant accumulated mess. Frequently, that will be in a frenzied rush as you prepare for a critical due-diligence process.
The solution: call me for some Finance Zen! A little bit of common sense and experience will have you ticking along in no time.
My range of services includes:
- Develop internal financial, administrative, HR and compliance processes and internal controls based on company needs and resources and assist in implementation
- Work with your external service providers (e.g. bookkeeper or payroll controller) to design and put into place agreed-upon processes, formats and timelines for provision of materials and performance of services
- Team-member training
- Creation of illustrated task “cheat-sheets”
- New external bookkeeper/ payroll controller set-up
- File directory design and set-up
- Creation of standard contract templates (in coordination with legal counsel)
Want to start working clean? Start with my Finance ABC’s tips here.